Here are some questions to help determine if your organization is ready for a Learning Management System (LMS). Are you ready for eLearning? Answer the questions below and build your business case!
- Why do you need an LMS?
- Who will use the LMS? Which learners and which trainers? How many are there?
- Is there any internal (IT & business) support for an LMS?
- Which type of employees do you have e.g. office-based, factory-based, warehouse-based etc?
- Do your learners have access to computers and mobile devices? In what ratio?
- What activities are your employees doing e.g. working on a computer, working with their hands, driving transport, traveling a lot?
- Do you currently have a training program for staff?
- What kind of training do they do e.g. class-room, on-line, outdoors?
- Where are your learners based e.g. nationwide, globally distributed, single office?
- What is the average age of your learner population?
- Does your staff need to be certified or do compliance training at present?
- How much does your organization spend on training staff?
- Will there be any cost saving from using an LMS?
- What type of content will you have e.g. SCORM, TinCan (xApi), PDFs, Video etc?
- Who will create content?
- Where will the content come from?
- How much content will there be?
- How will the content be updated and how often?
- Do you need to regularly test your employees’ knowledge? How will you do that? How much does that cost?
- What will eLearning deliver that does not currently happen? What is that worth?
- Who is your most senior supporter/ stakeholder for eLearning? How influential are they?
- How much is your LMS budget? Do you have a budget yet?
- Who would support your budget request? How influential are they?
- If you didn’t buy an LMS would anyone notice?
- What would the top three business benefits to the organization be if you used an LMS?
- Could these benefits be gained any other way without using an LMS?
We’re almost certain you answered yes to a few of these questions, and we’re glad!
Because here at eFront, we have all these and many more solutions to eLearning and traning questions.
If you would like to have a conversation about:
a) how to get started with eLearning, or
b) a move from an open source LMS to a commercial LMS, or
c) a move from your current LMS to eFront
just send an email to birt[at]efrontlearning.net to receive a fast response, and some helpful insights!
Improve your employee, partner and customer training with our enterprise-ready learning management system. Book a demo now and see why our diverse portfolio of customers consistently give us 5 stars (out of 5!)