You may have already heard the rather exciting news that TalentLMS was released on Oct 5th. Since then we’ve been bombarded with questions on how it’s different to eFront, how they complement eachother, what the benefits and features are, why you’d choose one over the other etc. so we’ve got together a two-part blog post to cover all your questions. Today we will answer your basic questions and the second post from CTO Athanasios Papagelis will come in the next week, and that will cover TalentLMS use cases and show you how, depending on your needs, you may choose TalentLMS over eFront or vice versa.
So just what is TalentLMS?
In a nutshell, TalentLMS is a handy learning platform for small and medium organizations. It’s aimed at “democratizing learning” by making premium elearning technologies affordable and accessible to all companies – no matter what the size. What’s more, TalentLMS is really simple and there is no need to install, upgrade or backup anything since everything runs from the CLOUD.
TalentLMS makes effective usage of your time and maximizes the training output. To do so we have eliminated a lot of the fancy but unnecessary functionality, enforced an aesthetic integrity on content presentation and emphasized the reuse of already existing training material.
Who is it for?
If your organization is serious about training its employees or customers and is thinking about online training being used in conjunction with a training process already in place, or even as a complete replacement – then TalentLMS is for you.
TalentLMS can be used in a wide range of industries that need to offer some sort of training. These include but are not restricted to: Education, Retail, Manufacturing, Construction, Public sector, Arts and Entertainment, Mining, Hotel, Non Profit, Marketing and Advertising, Law, Finance and Accounting, Real Estate, Health Care, Well-being and Non-profits. Actually, almost any industry can make use of some good training!
What are the benefits?
There are a variety of benefits when you move to online training such as: reduced costs, reproducibility of training, no time or place restrictions and comprehensible reporting on who was trained in what.
TalentLMS may also offer a new revenue stream since it allows you to create and sell your own courses to end-users. We offer all the capabilities you need to create courses, integrate with WordPress and sell your courses.
For the user, what are some of the product highlights?
- A super-easy interface to maximize learning outcome
- Capability to transform any content such as presentations, documents and videos to Courses
- Social integration to reuse and transform content from Wikipedia, YouTube, Slideshare, Scribd and Prezi
- Integration with WordPress through a native WordPress plugin
- Optimized for mobile learning on all modern mobile devices
“This is really impressive. It is like a Zen LMS, no distraction, full concentration. Good balance in beauty, simplicity and efficiency. Congratulations!”
~ Agnaldo Santos, Designer & Instructor
Is it secure?
TalentLMS runs from the cloud, but that does not mean it’s insecure – in fact, TalentLMS is as secure as it gets. All data is transmitted over a secure and encrypted channel. People cannot share your material with their URL since it is expires after a few minutes. For more on security please visit this page.
Super – where do I get started with TalentLMS if I want to know more?
- View a 5-minute introduction to TalentLMS. It includes a quick tour on basic functionality
- Read the Yes list and the system’s FAQs
- Create your own free domain and give it a try yourself
- Check the blog out for news, tutorials and updates
- Tried it, liked it and would like to get a paid plan? We offer a special discount up to November 30th. Use the code TalentIsTheBest when buying (locate the Got a coupon? section) and we will apply a 30% discount to your plan FOR LIFE
Improve your employee, partner and customer training with our enterprise-ready learning management system. Book a demo now and see why our diverse portfolio of customers consistently give us 5 stars (out of 5!)