There are several textbooks that are best for Instructional Design. The members of the Instructional Design & E-Learning Professionals’ Group created the following list and I am extremely interested to read your comments concerning the list.
► If you would like to suggest your favorite Instructional Design textbook please write a comment. I will post the book at the top of the list! Lets Share the Knowledge!
- Real World Instructional Design by Cennamo & Kalk.
- Ten Steps to Complex Learning by Jeroen van Merriënboer and Paul Kirschner. http://www.amazon.com/Steps-Complex-Learning-Four-Component-Instructional/dp/0805857931/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s;=books&qid;=1272313217&sr;=1-1
- e-Learning and the Science of Instruction: Proven Guidelines for Consumers and Designers of Multimedia Learning by Clark & Mayer.
- Developing Technical Training by Clark.
- Systematic Design of Instruction by Dick, Carey and Dick.
- ISD from the ground up by Chuck Hodell.
- Writing Training Materials That Work: How to Train Anyone to Do Anything by Foshay, Silber, Stelnicki.
- Designing Effective Instruction by Morrison, Ross and Kemp.
- Instructional Technology and Media for Learning by Smaldino, Lowther, & Russell.
- Instructional Design by Smith, and Ragan.
Improve your employee, partner and customer training with our enterprise-ready learning management system. Book a demo now and see why our diverse portfolio of customers consistently give us 5 stars (out of 5!)