Connie Malamed, aka the eLearning coach, ask me for an interview concerning online community management. My role as an online community manager at the Instructional Design and e-Learning Professionals’ Group at LinkedIn, which has 14K+ members all over the world, has helped me to develop a global understanding of the eLearning industry, find new friends, new colleagues, and new partners.
The questions of the interview were extremely interesting and I hope that you will find my answers valuable. Some of the questions that were asked were:
- What are the typical job tasks of an online community manager?
- What personal qualities are important for being an effective community manager?
- What are the rewards of managing an online community?
- What kinds of rules must a manager establish for an online community?
- What are common mistakes that new community managers make?
- How do you think a person can best learn to become an online community manager?
=> If you have questions concerning my answers or if you would like help concerning online community management do not hesitate to leave a comment. I will answer you asap!
Have a wonderful day,
Improve your employee, partner and customer training with our enterprise-ready learning management system. Book a demo now and see why our diverse portfolio of customers consistently give us 5 stars (out of 5!)