I have read several articles about iPad for eLearning and I believe that we are missing the point. Why was the iPad created? iPad was not created for supporting eLearning and (or) mLearning instead it was created as a media device that supports books, magazines, newspapers, games, music, video and web access.
So the question is, why do all the professionals involved in the e-Learning industry care about the use of iPad for eLearning?
I read all the time “iPad is not supporting Flash”. Come on guys. Do you really believe that we cannot create an eLearning course without Flash? Maybe some organizations wish about that. But guess. Yes we can! As the demand for eLearning courses developed for iPad increases you should be sure that the major organizations in the eLearning industry will find a solution such as eFront (LMS) and Lectora (Authoring Tool).
iPad is not have an integrated camera but it supports video calls with FaceTime video calling. As you can understand it has a microphone and speakers that can be used with Skype and Google Voice. You should be sure that organizations involved in the eLearning industry will develop applications for videoconference specific for iPad. The first company that will develop an application like that will dominate the eLearning market for iPad.
Here is a list with interesting resources concerning iPad for Learning
- Is the iPad Driving eLearning Towards HTML5? – (Update 09/20/2011)
- More Schools Embrace the iPad as a Learning Tool – NYTimes.com
- iPAD Learning LAB – The MASIE Center
- Why The iPad Is a Learning Tool – Learning Solutions Magazine
- Parents worry about toddlers’ tiny fingers itching for iPhones – USA TODAY
- Learning with iPad – Apple in Education
- Is the Apple iPad the Killer Corporate E-learning Tool? – SkillSoft
- iPads Make Smarter Salespeople – JPL
- Learning Technology Trends To Watch In 2011 – the eLearning Coach
- Growing Up Digitally: The iPad As a Learning Device – Technologizer
- Free educational apps for the Apple iPad – Examiner
- Create iPad Stories with StoryPatch – Moving at the Speed of Creativity
- Learning Trends – Where will they lead in 2011? – Fredrickson Communications
Improve your employee, partner and customer training with our enterprise-ready learning management system. Book a demo now and see why our diverse portfolio of customers consistently give us 5 stars (out of 5!)